Image Map

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

C U Next Monday

Monday Nights have fast become my fave night of the week, as I have gotten older and moved outside the city I grew up in my girlfriends and I have been spaced out geographically. I am lucky that we are still all within driving distance but still no crazy Thursday Night Girls nights for us. So when my buddy asked if she could spend Monday nights at our house as a halfway marker for a placement she attends on Tuesday I of course jumped at it. Last week was our first Monday night sleepover and it was just what I needed beer, laughter and a bag of chips just like our old Thursday nights. When your on mat leave your away from adult chatter a lot and after a long day of work Mr.chatty just doesn't fill my quota for "girl chat". Last night was no different I went to bed feeling full, we laughed,we watched TV and we just hung out.. and time hanging with an old friend is always the best. I even got to start my day with a quiet cup of coffee with her!

I still miss my Thursday night crew and all the awesome memories, funny moments, random 2 extra beer bottles with no case, the Thursday we all got a dozen roses, and even the tears (it was our 20's there were a few broken hearts). But my Monday night girls night is filling that spot for now.
And as you can imagine we have all grown up, had families, boys in our lives, busy jobs so the frequency of girls nights has changed from once a week, but we still get together as much as we can. They just look a bit different, 1 big girls weekend a year and a bunch of awesome girls breakies to fill the hole that was left when we got away from our Thursday night routine. Love you all My C U Next Thursday crew xoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. We miss it too!! I dream that one day we all win the lottery and build houses in the same neighbourhood so we can all hang out and be our own desperate house wife's but way cooler. Kathy would have her own cake store. Krista would have her own home improvement company. Pauline would own a vineyard. Emma would have her own 3D ultrasound business. Amanda would be running her own daycare (where all of our children attend) with a lot of staff so she doesn't have to do anything. Nicole would be the president of Tim Hortons and I would have my own scrapbooking store. We would all be millionaires and only have to work on the days we want. We would have this whole journey logged on our very own reality show. You never know it could happen???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dream! Can you please make it happen NOW :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Love me some Comments!! Feel free to share your thoughts with me..

 
Image Map