Image Map

Sunday, February 13, 2011

60 plus Valentines

This year my Grandparents will celebrate 60 years of marriage! Over those years they have loved each other, fought with each other, hugged and kissed each other, raised 3 children, 9 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, shared countless memories, numerous struggles and celebrated 60 plus Valentines.

How lucky am I to have such a real example of LOVE in my life. My grandparents have welcomed hundreds of people into their home with open arms and cold drinks or a warm 50 for a while there. They have taught everyone they have crossed paths with that Love is not always a romance novel but if you love each other you will make it through. You must have fun together, you must laugh together,you must be patient and kind to each other and in our family you must be able to talk over each other to survive.

I spent the day yesterday with my Grandparents, my fisherman and mom what I witnessed  was love in the fullest sense of the word. These couples are facing sickness,aging and everyday life with compassion and love for each other. I drove home thinking how amazing they were and how lucky they were to have that kind of love even if it was going to be too short in one case. To have know it, felt it and share it is amazing.
The best part was that as I had beers and got my butt whipped at darts last night I knew I had it. So if it's your first valentines, 9th or 60th I hope you all enjoy it and remember life is short so hug those around you and remember tomorrow is about love not flowers, candy and cards... Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some Comments!! Feel free to share your thoughts with me..

 
Image Map