Image Map

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wise Shopper

Yesterday I was at our local Shoppers Drug Mart with my two kids at 4 pm.. yeah bad time of the day but it was a must shop.
I was on a mission, I found my item and noticed it was on sale YIPPPEE a dollar off! Sweet..

I took my item and heading to the cashier she scanned it but it came up at the non sale price? I asked her if she would mind to double check cuss I thought it was on sale.. One dollar I know but my wheels were turning just wait for it

The cashier called for a price check and while we waited she handed me a 3 dollar off coupon she had at the till, Yipppee 3 dollars off LOVIN IT!

We got word back that yes in deed I was correct and the price scanned was higher then the advertised or ticketed price on the shelve.. CHA CHING...

See here in Canada we have a little thing called the Scanning Code of Practice which most retailers hold to, I know from the past that Shoppers does for sure. I mentioned it to the cashier who had no idea what it was but her supervisor heard and said yes she is right please take 10 dollars off the price.. CHA CHING.. momma is on mat leave and in total got 14 dollars off a 19 dollar purchase!!

Based on this code I have gotten free hairspray, free shippy cups, free babyfood, and 10 dollars off countless times.. I think this is a secret that most people don't know about so here below is a bit of info on the code... happy shopping and if the price is wrong you remember your code and put it to practice...

The Scanning Code of Practice is a voluntary code that nearly every major retailer in Canada adheres to. It promises the customer accurate price scanning at the register on all UPC scanned or Price Look Up (PLU) merchandise. If an item scans in at a price higher than the shelf price the customer gets it for free (or $10 off if the item is more than $10)

The scanning code is endorsed by The Competition Bureau of Canada was created from the collaborative efforts of the Retail Council of Canada, the Canadian Association of Chain Drug Stores, the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers and the Canadian Council of Grocery Distributors.

At participating retailers you should see this sign on the entrance doors and at the till that reads:

Scanning Code of Practice If the scanned price of a non-price item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum. If a Code of Practice problem cannot be resolved at the store level, please call 1-866-499-4599 to register your complaint.


By Kimberley Clancy - www.frugalshopper.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some Comments!! Feel free to share your thoughts with me..

 
Image Map