Image Map

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

bacon bacon bacon

Well the Gundry's had an amazing Christmas!! We saw all our family, we got spoiled, we had yummy food, we made a killer turkey (including my famous homemade gravy), we had countless drinks and we are TIRED!

This story I am posting A.Cuss it is funny but mostly cuss I want to remember it in years to come and know the wording that made me spit coffee out my nose on Boxing day..

We got up on Boxing day at home, the kids were tired hell we were tired, but we had 2 Christmas at our house to host that day so we were bookin it to get stuff done. Rob had gotten up earlier and made fried eggs and bacon. This is a special treat we don't normally have bacon in the house and rarely do we get to have a nice breakfast even on weekends.
Rob asked Toad if he would like to have a bacon sandwich for breakfast, he was busy playing with his new toys but said yes so I made him some toast and put the bacon on it.
I called him to the table and when he got there he was upset. Toad is going through a stage of HUGE attitude (We are working on it with him but man it is BAD).
He said I WANTED A GRILL CHEESE SANDWICH NOT A BACON SANDWICH!
I was in the living room off the kitchen and said well Toad you said yes to a bacon Sandwich?
Toad- BUT I WANT A GRILL CHEESE!
Rob- you have a bacon sandwich or you can get down and go back to playing, we are not making you something different but your welcome to get down if that is not what you want.
Toad(who is getting really mad cuss we are not playing his game,please picture this with the attitude of a 13 year old girl in his voice)
WHAT IS IT WITH YOU TWO? BACON BACON BACON EVERYDAY YOU ALWAYS TRY TO GET ME TO EAT BACON. huff! huff! huff!
I said Toad your welcome to get down.
He then sat at the table giving his bacon sandwich the dirtiest look EVER! I was thinking man your such a spoiled brat , either eat the freaking sandwich or get the hell down but i am not in the mood for this all day long.
Rob said nothing to Jax but i am sure he was thinking about the same as I was.
Toad- (again 13 year old girl attitude)FINE I am not eating that I am going to play! FINE
and he jumps down from the table.

To get to the toys he has to walk past Rob who turns to him and says calm as anything and in a sweet tone
"I want to answer your one question, why bacon bacon bacon all the time? (toad giving him a dirty look) We are just trying to support the Ontario Hog Farmers."
I am not kidding you I started to laugh so hard coffee came out my nose (just a bit but it still happened).
Toad carried on not understanding the humour and Rob finished his breakfast,I sat in the living room and felt blessed! I am soo beyond lucky to call that guy my husband! He makes me laugh when i want to scream all the time, we parent differently and the same but mostly he can see the humour in the craziness and reminds me to see it too.

I LOVE YOU BABE and that is why I had kids with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some Comments!! Feel free to share your thoughts with me..

 
Image Map