Image Map

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Stanley saw that!

All good Gundry Christmas traditions start with Keri Lyn. No she is not a Gundry, no she is not a member of our family (by blood) but all my fave traditions for our children have started with her and I love it.

This year we have a new member of the family, it is Stanley the Elf on the Shelf. Aunt Keri Lyn gave it to the kids in the end of November and we have been enjoying him since.

The Elf on the Shelf is a billion dollar idea a wise ass momma marketed and is sitting pretty on(not jealous at all I am sure my Leprechaun on the Shelf idea is gonna take off closer to March.)

You get your Elf and a book and the fun and reindeer games begin. I read the story to the toad which lets the kids know they have to name their Elf and once the Elf is named he comes alive, he can't talk to you cuss that is the big mans rule for all the elves. He can not be touched or his magic will be lost. This magic allows Sir Stanley (almost named Frisbee) to fly back to the North Pole each night to let Santa know if you have been Naughty or Nice.
And when he returns each night he finds a new place to sit in your house to watch you.  Stanley has landed in the Christmas Tree, behind the TV, on the fireplace  through our light fixture at the dinner table and stuck in the door.



We have enjoyed having Stanley in the house, I have mostly enjoyed him during countless melt downs that have ended in a blink of an eye, I have loved having Stanley with us while getting the kids off in the morning.. You can not even imagine how fast a 4 year old can get boots on. All we have to say is Stanley is watching....

Plus at the end of the day Stanley and I have a little chat about what the Toad got up to when I was not around.



BUT see this works both ways.. Jaxon has enjoyed having Stanley here when I raise my voice, or Rob jokes with him and gets him going. Stanley saw that he says to us. My fave was when Rob smacked my butt the first day Stanley arrived and Jax screams out DAD STANLEY SAW THAT!

Stanley I sure hope you like living here as much as we like having you and can you tell Santa I am sorry for raising my voice at the Toad but for the love of god that kid can dilly dally.

Oh and don't tell Jax I keep touching you..


Cuss I love the fact that he Believes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some Comments!! Feel free to share your thoughts with me..

 
Image Map