Image Map

Monday, January 31, 2011

It's just frozen water

Cathy, Rob, Jax and I well we are officially a true Canadian family :) we have a rink in our backyard! And to tell you the honest truth I could have had one or not but man oh man I would NEVER go with out one now. Last Night instead of the same old same old hubby,toad and I in front of the tv pre bed we were out on our rink laughing, skating and EXERCISING.. My awesome Mother in Law came over new skates in hand and we plugged in those spot lights, got our skates on and PLAYED. What an awesome night!
This rink is just frozen water in our backyard but it has done so much for me and filling up my heart. When I sit at our little bench to lace up those skates I look around and feel blessed so much so I tear up almost each time. See this little dream of my hubby’s to have a rink has changed my winters forever and filled our home with love.  Last weekend we got to see both our father’s skate with our son. When a grandpa or papa skates with their grandson you can feel the joy. It fills the rink. Then as I watched my father in law, his son and his son skate I was reminded of how a little bit of frozen water was playing such a huge part in an amazing memory for our son and those two grown men.
This rink has allowed my mom the little bluebird to skate with her grandson and share a joy that was her as a kid. My grandparents came and watched their daughter skate on this frozen water with their granddaughter and her son. And so those may drive by and think oh they have a rink what a lot of work or wonder if they like it and I would say if you have room build it. I will never forget this year in our back yard on the little rink that could :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some Comments!! Feel free to share your thoughts with me..

 
Image Map